Sunday, April 11, 2010

Awaiting the arrival.

After 9 months of being on the road I will soon have visitors, bringing an opportunity to request things I need or want from home. This is a close to impossible task, as the list fluctuates on a daily basis. Realistic and unrealistic requests are jotted down and erased, and then appear on the paper again. It is a difficult question, since there are only very specific things I cannot get here in Europe, and I have to think long and hard about what I am willing to carry around or ingest. Any suggestions?

While I scribble these lists, another more unattainable, and quasi-superficial one is accumulating in the back of my head that makes me realize what I really do miss. Before you read what is below I must express that, while I have little desire to return to the states, I struggle with feelings of longing for my family and friends all of the time. Especially those boys. There.

So, What DO I wish I had access to right now? May sound silly but…….

-Clay and his song writing self.

-A bathtub.

-Deodorant that makes your pits smell fresh and clean, and soap that actually works, without irritating your skin. Glad your not reading in smell-o-vision. Enough said.

-Taco trucks. The thought of a La Estrella taco prompts an insatiable hunger, no amount of pizza or pasta can tame. Oh chile, I miss you most. Daikokuya’s fried rice, and that psychedelic curry are runners up. Basically, I wish there was more gastronomic diversity at times.

-Pure unadulterated FUN. The type of FUN that I have only experienced with a certain group of people (you know who you are), and continue to search for as I encounter others. My nonsensical side takes over at times and I miss my other halves most when the wave attacks.

-Manicure/Pedicure and that once a year airbrush design by Tony at Lee’s on Fig…..you are not in my budget anymore, and it shows.

-The opportunity to hear live music nightly (LA, I love you for this!), open bars, and free movie screenings. I still get the invites in the mail, and do wish I could teleport every once in a while.

-Themed get-togethers and dinner parties. Spaghetti Western night may taste better in Italy, but where are the stacked televisions and ADD atmosphere? And what about those fabulous random art movements? That collective creativity is a lacking force in my environment at the moment, and I crave the energy.

-LBE. We must film a new video.

That’s all I can think of for now. The list will grow and shrink as I go along…….

XOXO

Ally

No comments:

The Daily Green News Feed