Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Real World

I am now staying with four other solo traveling women representing different countries at an intercultural space called Serydarth in the town of Casale Monferato, Piemonte, Italy. The exact terms and purpose of the living situation were unclear prior to my arrival, but I was pleasantly surprised once I got there. Coordinated and founded by the lovely Cristhian Scoranno,the home is run as an intercultural space inviting volunteers to stay (room and board) in exchange with giving back to the community in some way, whether it be language lessons, workshops, or just volunteering outside of the home. It is sort of a sustainable communal living experiment, and it seems to actually work in the most un-cultish way possible. It’s a great concept…..I assure you. I really lucked out with my roomettes, (and I think we all agree), I have learned a lot. Thank you girls, and of course grazie mille Cristhian!!!

On Wednesday I will be giving a talk on exotic plants at the Piccolo Spazio Interculturale. Check out more about the lecture and Cristhian’s Serydarth vision at: http://serydarth.wordpress.com/

No comments:

The Daily Green News Feed